WRNMMC UsToo! Facts Sheet
WRNMMC Chapter of US TOO! International, Inc. is
a very active chapter of prostate cancer survivors who live in the Washington,
D.C., Maryland and Virginia area. Some of the chapter's activities are
- Monthly Support Group Meetings: Informal, friendly meetings
for attendees to exchange views and experiences about prostate cancer. The meetings
offer fellowship and camaraderie, frank discussions, information and
support. There is much discussion about treatment options as well
as incontinence and sexual issues. Spouses are encouraged to attend
because prostate cancer is a family disease.
- Place: Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Center for Prostate
Disease Research (Building #19, 3th floor)
- Date: (update) Daytime group - 2nd Wednesday of month, 1330-1500,
Evening group - 2nd Wednesday of month, 1830-2000
- Quarterly Guest Speaker Presentation: Presentation by a health
professional who addresses important issues for men with prostate
cancer and their families. Spouses are encouraged to attend because
prostate cancer is a family disease.
- Place: Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, at Clark Auditorium
- Date: 1st Wednesday of the month in February, May, August
- Time: 1900-2030
- Quarterly Digital Newsletter: Newsletter contains information of
interest to men with prostate cancer and their families, including articles on treatment,
current research, and the previous quarterly guest speaker's presentation.
It is published in February, May, August and November.
- To receive newsletter by mail, submit name and email address to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Peer Support Counselors: A group of prostate cancer survivors
who volunteer their time to provide counseling and information to men and their
families dealing with prostate cancer. Although not medical advisors,
they are valuable members of the CPDR Team. Their experiences as prostate
cancer survivors may be most helpful to you.
- A list of names of prostate cancer survivors who volunteer to be
available by telephone is available in the quarterly newsletter as
well as in the Center for Prostate Disease Research and
- A group of prostate cancer survivors, who are also Red Cross volunteers,
volunteer their time at the Center for Prostate Disease Research. A volunteer is available most days of the week Monday through
WRNMMC US TOO
Points of Contact:
Vin McDonald (Phone: 703-643-2658)
Ken Simmons (Phone: 703-823-9378)